Monday, March 24, 2008

Target Easter Clearance!

It's time now for the post-holiday Easter Clearance at Target! I love it when it's after a holiday (any holiday, really) and they have their clearances. Every Easter (holiday) product is on sale after Easter (or any other holiday.) I'm always looking for clothing for Anna and this is a great time to find tee shirts for a dollar or less! If you don't know how the clearance schedule at Target works, it works like this: 50% off Monday, Tuesday, Wed, 75% off on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and 90% off on Sunday. All holiday clearance schedules work like this: 3, 3, 2. Remember that: 3, 3, 2. The first markdown is on the third day after a holiday, the second markdown is 3 days later, and the final markdown is 2 days after that. The great thing about post-Easter sales on clothing is that the clothing that is marked down is more "Springy" in nature than overly "Eastery." I found this cute shirt at Target.com called "Easter Princess." It's just a cute tee that says "princess" with a flower on it. That doesn't scream "I got this at markdown from Target post-Easter and am now wearing it totally out of season." Does it? Nah!
Here's another that has a bunny on it. Sure bunnies might scream Easter, but it could also scream, "Cute tee shirt with a bunny who has no connection to Easter!"

Another great tip is to NOT wait until the 90% off day because then you'll probably get scraps. I'd go early on the morning on the first 75% off day.That's when you can get the best deal and the best selection. If you go shopping on a 75% off day, you can get a shirt for $1.00 and if you go on a 90% off day, you can get a tee shirt for just 40 cents!

9 Comments:

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Now I want to go to Target!

Mrstx said...

Wow I had no idea how their clearance schedule works. I am at Target every other day anyway...now I know how to shop 'smart'!

Sassyfrazz said...

Thanks for the heads up! I need to get out more, and increase my budget. Those are cute t-shirts! Is the princess for you or Anna? You both fit the name...but,Sarah means princess~ :)

2Forgetful said...

Ah, Target Easter Clearance, my whole motivation for leaving the house yesterday. :-)

Tonya said...

Well THAT'S GREAT to know! Only, we don't have a Target close by. I suppose I can check them out online huh? THANKS SO MUCH for this GREAT INFO... I LOVE a good sale!

Andrea said...

Wow! We definitely don't have Easter clearance (besides easter eggs & bunnies maybe!) here in Canada...oh well. At least you found some good deals! :) Thanks for entering my contest as well...good luck!

Tip Junkie said...

cute! I love the dollar spot at Target. I got some great stuff for St. Patrick's day this year.

Suzie Williams said...

Target clearance is the best! I scored a $200 Christmas tree this year for $20! We were there in the pouring rain waiting by the door for them to open so we could snag it.

A little tip for those who go: Look everywhere for Easter Stuff. They usually move all the holiday stuff from other departments to the holiday section, but if you go through the clothing racks and use your hand to fan through the clothing where the tags are hanging down, you can sometimes spot the holiday tag. I think this Easter it was a green striped tag. If you look for the tags, it's easy to quickly spot the stuff that's leftover. I found quite a few shirts after Valentines day that were hidden amongst other clothes on different racks.

Candi said...

Nothing like a good Target clearance!! I went after Christmas and stocked up on gift bags!!