I got a pair of Osh Kosh Mary Jane's today for Anna that were ten dollars and so cute! :D Such a great deal! I don't know why I've never set foot in a Marshall's before!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
♥ Fill it out and let's learn about you and your better half!
♥ What are your middle names?
♥ How long have you been together?
Married 4 years 8 months. (five years in June)
♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
Not very long at all.
♥ Who asked who out?
We just started dating. Nobody asked the other person. :)
♥Who said I love you first?
I told him I loved him first. ;) It was Freudian but true.
♥ How old are each of you?
We're both 24. Paul will be 25 in April.
♥ Whose siblings do/did you see the most?
♥ Do you have any children together?
1 beautiful daughter, age 2.
♥ What about pets?
♥ Did you go to the same schools?
Same college. Same high school for a month.
♥ Are you from the same hometown?
No. I grew up in John Day, Oregon. Paul spent most of his childhood in the Portland area.
♥ Who is the smartest?
Depends on the subject. He's smarter in electronic/computer/technology/science stuff. I'm smarter in English/History/remembering random facts stuff.
♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Probably me, but I'm not really THAT sensitive.
♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Used to be Shari's, but now we haven't gone out in ages.
♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Georgia/Florida, but that was more business than pleasure.
♥ Who has the craziest ex?
Paul. I don't have exes.
♥ Who has the worst temper?
I'd say him.
♥ Who does the cooking?
♥Who is the most social?
Definitely Paul. I tend to be introverted.
♥ Who is the neat-freak?
♥ Who is the most stubborn?
Oh. We are BOTH incredibly stubborn. Whenever Anna is stubborn, we both try to blame the other for passing on that trait. (HIM!!!!)
♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Paul. He has class earlier.
♥ Where was your first date?
I don't really remember. Probably something cheap since we were kids. (16&17)
♥Who has the bigger family?
Paul. I'm sure mine is pretty big, but it's awfully fractured.
♥Do you get flowers often?
No. *sigh* Although I'd prefer a potted plant so it wouldn't die so quickly. I'm buckin' for potted daisies.
♥ Who do you spend the holidays with?
I prefer to spend the holidays with Paul's family. My family's slightly NUTS.
♥ Who is more jealous?
Neither of us. We don't have anything to be jealous of.
♥ Who sings better?
♥Who does/did the laundry?
♥ Who’s better with the computer?
PAUL. He's a computer genius. He can fix just about anything, write code, do artistic creations... whatever, you name it.
♥ Who drives when you are together?
♥ Who picks where you go to dinner?
It usually goes like this. "You choose," I tell him. "No, I chose last time. It's your turn," he tells me. "Fine. I don't care." "Sarah, you have to choose." "Mmmm... Dairy Queen?" "We went there last week." "Then you choose!" "I asked you first." hahahaha
♥ Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
This is where the stubbornness comes in. I'm more of the kind to say we should drop it b/c I don't want to argue any more.... even though I'm right.
♥ Who named your pet?
We had a fish. I named him.
♥ Who wears the pants in the relationship?
Him. I don't really want to wear the pants... bills & politics are not my bread and butter.
♥ Who has more tattoos?
Neither of us have one.
♥ Who eats more sweets?
Paul wins hands-down simply for his soda/Pepsi-intake.
♥ Who cries more?
Probably me. I cry when I'm angry.
Posted by Milk Mama at 5:13 PM
Monday, February 23, 2009
Hmmm... I'm beginning to wonder if it's just a two year old thing or if she's picked up on Mommy's very picky eating habits!
Things Anna Won't Eat:
1. Cow's Milk
2. Bananas--one bite, and the rest is on the floor.
4. Peanut butter & Jelly Sandwiches
5. Bread of sandwiches (which probably explains the PB&J since you can't peel out the ingredients).
6. Soups of any kind
7. Apples (This used to be #1 on her list of loves, now she refuses to touch 'em!)
Things She Does Eat:
1. Chocolate (She's her mother's daughter alright!)
2. Cheese! (She loves cheese! At least I know she can get her calcium this way... maybe she's lactose intolerant and cow's milk hurts her tummy? I dunno...)
3. Yogurt (I can get her to eat this! Thank goodness!)
4. Juice. (She's always asking for it, so I dilute it. It works! She doesn't know the difference.)
5. Cheeseburgers (Her father's daughter here.)
6. Seafood (Her father's daughter once again. Mommy hates seafood, but Anna has eaten shrimp *shudder*, salmon, and imitation crab *shudder* and has liked it all.)
7. Pasta (Thank goodness she likes pasta! I love it!)
8. Grapes and most fruit (except for the two names above) and most veggies (except onions).
9. Boobie. (We're down to once a day, but she asks for it several times per day.)
Posted by Milk Mama at 12:32 AM
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Anna Laughing (She's wearing her Easter dress.)
Anna Singing "The Best Day Ever" (Spongebob)
Posted by Milk Mama at 9:03 PM
Over at SassyFrazz, Sarah's always giving away great products. In this particular case, she's also giving away a Wow Wow Wubbzy DVD. Anna loves these DVDs, you have no idea. She went around for weeks singing, "Wow! Wow!" Once again, I get some extra credit by cluing you into this great giveaway! The DVD includes 6 episodes plus 2 bonus episodes focusing on the importance of friendship (*aww*).
Posted by Milk Mama at 4:17 PM
Over at Sassyfrazz, Sarah is giving away a pair of See Kai Run shoes! They're so adorable! And I get extra credit if I blog about it. The shoes are about a 40 dollar value and they come in dozens of bright and fun colors!
My fave pair? Isabella:
Posted by Milk Mama at 4:12 PM
Friday, February 20, 2009
My hubby was asked by his professor today if he wanted to intern this summer at his Radio Station! How awesome is that?! :D He's very excited! It's such a blessing, opportunity, and compliment!
Posted by Milk Mama at 11:27 PM
1. What is something mom always says to you? "Anna! Only paper!" (She likes to draw on herself and other objects! It used to be, "Anna, get down!" but now this one is occurring much more often!)
2. What makes mom happy? - Anna laughing, smiling, being silly. Saying silly new things. The new thing is, "Daddy, where are you?" or "Mommy, where are you?" or "Pung, where are you? etc. etc. etc.
3. What makes mom sad? - When Anna gets hurt-- It's so sad!
4. How does your mom make you laugh? I chase her... we run, tickle, laugh...
5. What was your mom like as a child? - Too bad Anna can't voice this answer... it would be a pretty cute answer.
6. How old is your mom? - Also, wish she could answer. I wonder what she would say? (I'm 24 btw.)
7. How tall is your mom? Wish I knew what she'd say here, too. (I'm 5'1 3/4")
8. What is her favorite thing to do? Say, "Wanna play?" or "Wanna run?" and watch cartoons and color....... the list goes on...
9. What does your mom do when you're not around? Wish I knew what her answers would be, but if you really wanna know, I take bubble baths.
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? (Insert cute answer from Anna.)
11. What is your mom really good at? Mommy likes to write, just fyi.
12. What is your mom not very good at? (Insert another cute answer). But really, I can't run or sing.
13. What does your mom do for her job? I take care of Anna.
14. What is your mom's favorite food? Pasta.
15. What makes you proud of your mom? (Insert another cute answer.)
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? _________
17. What do you and your mom do together? We mostly run around in circles. Literally.
18. How are you and your mom the same? Well, we're both girls. hahaha.
19. How are you and your mom different? She has blue eyes, I have brown.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? (Insert another cute answer.)
21. What does your mom like most about your dad? His beautiful eyes!
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go? The ocean!
(Really, you're supposed to have your child/children answer these questions... but oh well... you get the jist, now you can go and play this meme with your child. If I were to ask Anna these questions, she'd probably answer, "I don't know." or "Wan' pway?")
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:41 PM
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Anna is going to have her two year pictures (finally) this weekend. We finally have the money (thank you NU returns!) so that will finally be done. Now, all I have to do is choose her outfit. My friend Violet got Anna this cute little dress with apples and an undershirt with a collar that i think will be just adorable... I think that'll be the dress I'll put her in--but don't hold me to it. I tend to change my mind often! :D
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:02 PM
Thursday, February 12, 2009
I was surprised b/c this week the little boy we watch is rolling across the room and sitting up for extended periods of time--he's getting strong fast!
Anna woke up dry this morning, even after I gave her a drink, so I put her in undies and put her on the potty and she had her first pee on the potty--all without a tantrum!!! I was bowled over!
Posted by Milk Mama at 11:07 AM
Monday, February 9, 2009
I had to make a video... unfortunately, it took the volume out, but here it is, Anna coloring in the letters of her coloring book--of course I think it's the most amazing thing in the world, so just indulge me. ;)
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:07 PM
We went and fed the ducks yesterday. The ducks here are so ridiculously tame that they come right up to you and practically nip your fingers when you hand out the bread. Anna was laughing, though, even when her own finger was nipped. Then we went and played on the jungle gym forever. Anna is fearless. She was climbing all over that jungle gym like nobody's business.
Posted by Milk Mama at 9:21 AM
Saturday, February 7, 2009
love how two year olds learn so much at this age. It's amazing how fast they all learn! We had Turkey Pot Pie last night and Anna kept wanting to CLIMB on the oven to take a look--ACK!!!--So, Paul got after her for that, but then he lifted her so she could look and she said (and I quote lol), "Hey! Look, Mama! It's a pie!" hahaha
I suppose it's only a matter of time before she says, "I want my own car, Mom." or "Matt asked me out on Saturday."--UGH! STAY TWO, ANNA!!!
Posted by Milk Mama at 10:35 AM
Thursday, February 5, 2009
I'm so glad that I didn't have to change a poopy diaper or poopy underwear today because Anna went poop on the potty!!! :D :D :D She started grunting, so I took her into the bathroom and she pooped! I'm so glad!!! :D Here's to hoping that she starts telling me when she needs to do these things lol. Lately when I ask her if she needs to go pee, she says, "No, mommy." *sigh*
Posted by Milk Mama at 4:51 PM
Well... let's see...
I've got class today, my writing class. I think it's a fun class... but I'm feeling dead-ended on my story. *sigh*
I have a psych test tomorrow and I'm really excited about it!
Anna & Jaden are getting along. I was paranoid for a while that I would make Anna jealous, but thankfully that hasn't been the case. Although, she has been more cuddly in the evenings, a thing that I've been loving & adoring!
Tonight is Bones!!! Gravedigger!
Anna needs a bath...
And our house smells like a dirty diaper. I think that it has something to do with Anna peeing on the floors--ARGH! Any suggestions on that front???
Posted by Milk Mama at 10:15 AM
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
A couple of thoughts for today...
Anna has been so cute pretending that she's a dog. She goes around crawling and barking, "Arf! Arf!" and sticking her tongue out--I have no idea where she learned it, but it's so adorable. Last night I filled a little bowl with water because she kept pointing and saying, "Waderrrr" and pretending she was a dog. Once I gave her the water, she lapped at it--It was so hilariously cute!
Two Under Three
We've begun watching a little boy who's six months old named Jaden. He's really cute and relatively immobile. He doesn't crawl and he doesn't cry much, either. He doesn't even sit up very well--but it's incredible how exhausting it is to have two little ones--splitting your attention between the two of them, trying not to make Anna envious-- It really is difficult. I wonder how mothers of more than one do it--I'm sure you adjust, sure. But it really is not easy. I'm tired. Can't wait for the weekend!
Posted by Milk Mama at 11:24 AM
Monday, February 2, 2009
Here are some random photos!
This week I have a psychology test--how wrong is it that I'm EXCITED? I can't wait. I love psychology. I really should change my major. haha
Posted by Milk Mama at 8:00 PM
So many thanks to Candi who sent me two dresses, a pair of pants, and a beautiful sweater!!! God is so Good!!!!!
Posted by Milk Mama at 7:59 PM
Lately, Anna's new thing is pooping when she takes a bath. She's never done that before, but in the last three or four days, she's done so every time she takes a bath! Is this a potty-training thing? Anyone know? I'm so grossed out. I'm sick of fishing turds out of the bathtub! Eeew!
Posted by Milk Mama at 1:32 AM