Ah! Desserts! So... do vegans miss out on the most simple of earth's pleasures? These Vegan Cookies sure do look pretty normal... with the exception of the flax eggs... that's a little odd ROFL!
Oh, sorry if this seems so random. My interests change so quickly some times.
Once again, I'm not vegan, but I'm quite curious in how vegans eat now! Maybe you have been? I mean, it can't be easy to avoid dairy products and meat products...
- 2 1/3 cups unbleached white flour (you can use 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 unbleached white too)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup non-dairy butter (preferably non-hydrogenated too)(2 sticks)
- 1 scant cup organic cane sugar, or other granulated sugar
- 1 scant cup organic powdered sugar
- 2 flax eggs (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 12 ounces non-dairy chocolate chips *Flax Eggs*
- 1/3 cup flax seeds
- 1 cup water
1. To make the flax eggs: Grind flax seeds in a blender or food processor. Slowly add water and blend until it produces a gooey mixture. This makes 6 flax "eggs". Refrigerate unused flax eggs in refrigerator for up to 6 days. (Be sure to clean out blender immediately!)
Mama's thoughts: They certainly look normal. And I would think that they would taste pretty normal. I've had carob chips before, and they actually taste like the real thing.... maybe a little more sugary, though. What do you think?