Happy Sabbath, Everyone!!!
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Posted by Milk Mama at 9:05 PM
My 1st baby....
Thank you to Margie @ Gunning It/Chesapeake Ribbons for Tagging Me!
1. Were you married at the time? Yes
2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I have to echo Margie's answer here. Scared and excited. :D
3. How old were you? 21 when I found out, 22 when she was born.
4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I knew almost immediately. I knew I was coming up on my period, but I was cramping (I usually never cramped except the first day) a week before it was due, during the time it was due, and about a week after. I tested at six days after it was due and there it was.
5. Who did you tell first? I think we called Paul's parents first.
6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes
7. Due date? November 25th, 2006
8. Did you deliver early or late? Technically right on time, but 6 days before her due date on November 19th, 2006.
9. Did you have morning sickness? Oh yes. From the 6th week to the 17th week.
10. What did you crave? Apples!!!!!! Apple juice, apple sauce, apples cut up, apples in any way, really. That and a lot of fresh fruit. Good cravings, I guess. But apples were my vice.
11. Who irritated you the most? Hmmm, I think I'd have to say my dear and wonderful mother in law. (Not her fault, just my overprotective nature.)
12. What was your first child's sex? Girl
13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Around 30-32 pounds or so.
14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was induced because my blood pressure kept spiking and Anna was due over Thanksgiving, so I didn't care. I was sick of being pregnant and wanted my OB there. Let's see, then the fun stuff: epidural didn't work, Anna was posterior, episiotomy, vacuum, then a negative reaction to the pain medication after she was born. Fun, fun, fun...
15. Where did you give birth? Providence Hospital (awesome hospitals btw!!!)
16. How many hours were you in labor? 12 wonderful, back-breaking, pitocin-induced hours of labor.
17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband and MIL.
18. Who watched? My husband, Doctor, and some nurses. <--ditto
19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal, although it was very nearly a C-Section.
20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Unfortunately no. The epidural was about as effective as a dose of Tylenol... less effective, actually. I should've taken some Tylenol now that i think of it.
21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lb. 11 oz.
22. What did you name him/her? Anna Daisy
23. How old is your first born today? 22 Months Old
(I'll come back and tag 5 mommies as it's already almost midnight! If you'd like to play along, just comment and I'll make sure I link you.) :D
I'm tagging Rebekah from The Clark Family!
Posted by Milk Mama at 12:01 AM
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Anna's thing for the past few weeks is lining things up. For example, she went to the bag of potatoes and started to take them out one by one, then she lined them up, one next to the other along the floor. At the restaurant, she lined up grapes (halved) along the table, one next to the other. Then she has also found that lining up shoes is a fun thing to do, too. LOL.
She did something funny the other day. She had a Barbie in one hand (gift from grandma) and some other toy... I think it was the little Spongebob toy... in the other hand. She made them walk along the stool lol... so cute!... then she made this screaming sound, "Ahhhhh!" and made the toys fall off the stool!!! What a riot! LOL! She does the funniest things!
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:20 PM
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Lately I've been missing where I grew up. I grew up in Eastern Oregon. I think that it's a hidden gem, really. It's really pretty and underappreciated. I grew up in John Day. One of those one-stoplight towns. Actually, it's the only stoplight in the whole county, so it's a one-stoplight county lol. And although I'd never want to live there again, as the economy there sucks, I really do wish I could visit some time soon. I'd also like to share some pictures, too, that I found online, just to illustrate. :D
Posted by Milk Mama at 2:09 PM
Posted by Milk Mama at 1:58 PM
It's been a while since I've blogged on my breastfeeding experience. I recently said that I was hoping to wean Anna by two, but I can see that that will not happen any time soon lol. She is addicted to the booby. She is also a surprisingly picky eater, so she often refuses protein and breads. She loves fruits and veggies, which is a fantastic thing, but I think it leaves her hungry at the end of the day. So she wants "Boo-Boo". She's so excited to go to bed at night because she knows she's going to get "Boo-Boo".... it's really cute, actually. She hops onto the bed and then tries to lay across my lap and I ask her if she wants boo-boo and she says, "No." (Which means Yes), so I ask, "Do you mean Yes?" and she says, "Yesh." And so then that's the time when I quiz her on her vocabulary. I ask her to point out her nose, eyes, ears, belly button, hair, head, etc. Then I ask her to repeat words, "Book" "Cookie" "Daddy" "Grandpa", etc. After a while she gets frustrated, so then I reward her. I have a feeling that we will go beyond two years at this point. Which doesn't bother me. As you can tell from the previous pictures, Anna is quite healthy and I often wonder if my milk has something to do with her size. She was the size of a one year old at six months, and now she's taller than her 2 1/2 year old counterparts (Tiffany, the middle child in the matching outfits picture is 2 1/2, the little girl she is holding hands with is exactly a year older than she is), as tall as some three year olds, or just shorter. So I don't worry about it, I think it's beneficial. Anyway, maybe I'm rambling now. I just wanted to update quickly.
Also, I'd like to encourage breastfeeding and extended-nursing mothers. You're doing a wonderful thing for your child. And yourself. Don't forget about the health benefits for mom, they're just as numerous as those for the child.
Posted by Milk Mama at 12:02 PM
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Posted by Milk Mama at 5:39 PM
Friday, September 19, 2008
Please continue to pray for Sara's family. Sara is now doing very well. She is home and healthy, cooing, babbling, moving. Praise God!
However, today Sara's mom, Jessica, was arrested on suspicion of child abuse. Please keep them in prayer. Their family is trying to come up with the fifty thousand dollars for her bail.
It's really sad. Although I don't understand how this tragedy could have happened, that doesn't mean that it wasn't an honest mistake. This is a very good family. It's really just a tragedy. Let's pray the charges can be dropped and Jessica can go home to her four children.
Posted by Milk Mama at 12:25 AM
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Sorry I've been MIA. It's been a hectic weekend. My niece Alayna turned 7 over the weekend. She was darling. She had a Hawaiian Luau birthday party and she had a blast. Anna was so wound up that I didn't go to church this morning. She didn't go to sleep until 4! Ugh! Hopefully she'll go to sleep at a normal time tonight.
And on another front.... Anna's first pigtails. They're itty bitty but I'm proud as ever lol. Click to Enlarge.
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:35 PM
Saturday, September 6, 2008
(Above) Anna is signing "Star"
(Above) Anna is either signing "You" or "Little" [not too sure which, sorry]
(Above) Anna is signing "How"
Posted by Milk Mama at 6:20 PM
I heard that baby Sara is doing well! She is breathing on her own and crying when she's upset. She is also sucking on pacifiers and bottles! Praise God! So that means that she won't need a feeding tube surgically inserted (one has been down her nose), but she does not need it any more! How awesome is that? She may be able to go home Monday! What a miracle! Thank you all for your prayers!
Update: I just heard that Sara is yawning, vocalizing, rolling onto her side by herself (!!!), and tracking!!! The report just gets better!
Posted by Milk Mama at 5:57 PM
Friday, September 5, 2008
SuperMomz Blog is offering a fantastic Breastfeeding Prize Pack!!! :D The pack is worth 102 dollars. It includes the following:
- Note to Nurse Set If mommy plans to breastfeed baby, this practical little gift set will help her rest at ease that baby will not be given products that might interfere during their stay in the hospital. This is especially important when the baby is taken to the nursery for observation. Set includes lap tee and beanie. Shirt reads: To My Wonderful Nurse, I'm learning how to breastfeed. Please no bottles or pacifiers while I'm in your care. Mommy is waiting for my return to feed me. Beanie reads: Breastfeeder in Training.
- Simple & Sweet Nursing Curtain
- Mini Burp Cloth
- Monkey Onesie
***This contest is not on my blog, it is at supermomz.blogspot.com, please click the link above to enter.***
Posted by Milk Mama at 10:11 PM
Anna has a piggy bank. She is pink, unlike this one, and she has a crown. We got her at Target. Anna looooooooves her piggy bank. Every time she finds a penny, nickle, dime, or quarter, she picks it up and comes running towards us with the biggest grin on her face! She looks so proud and so excited! We then put it in her piggy bank. The thing must weigh five or ten pounds right now. It's HEAVY. She's constantly bringing us change. It's great because I know she won't play with the money and put it in her mouth. Instead, she comes running to us proudly with the money and she puts it into her piggy bank! We're going to start her bank account soon, but I know that there is quite a bit in there. Several months ago, I counted it and it was up to over 20 dollars. That was months ago. I imagine there is quite a bit more than that!
Posted by Milk Mama at 8:03 PM
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
I set up an appointment for today for marks on Anna's skin. It turns out she has mild eczema. Dry skin. Yup, she is officially MY DAUGHTER. She has inherited my dry skin! Argh! On the up side, she did not inherit daddy's greasy skin. That's a plus lol! She now weighs 26 pounds 4 ounces and she IS WEARING 2T CLOTHING!!! Yikes! She's getting tall! Just out of nowhere, she outgrew all of her clothes. She basically skipped over the 24 month clothing. There's an upside to that, too. Anna and Mommy get to go SHOPPING!!! :D Oh, yeah!
Posted by Milk Mama at 3:19 PM
Tonight is the Bones Season Premiere on Fox at 8PM. It's a 2-hour, 2-parter in London! In honor of the premiere of my favorite show, here are some fantastic promo shots...
Entomologist "The Bug Guy"
Her character is based off from the author Kathy Reichs' novels.
Psychologist & FBI Profiler
Posted by Milk Mama at 12:28 AM
Monday, September 1, 2008
This is a great countdown video. I hope you all enjoy it. It counts up, basically, from Episode 1x01 to the very last episode of season 3. Season Four of Bones starts Wednesday September 3rd. I'm a huge fan. xD
Posted by Milk Mama at 2:43 PM