Thursday, June 5, 2008

Anna's Daddy

In 2006 my husband and I brought our first (and only, so far) child into the world. A daughter. I am so blessed that my husband is who he is. As a man. As a man of God. That he could father my daughter. My husband has always respected women. He treats his mother wonderfully. He treats me with grace and love. We waited until marriage for physical love. (kwim?) That ensures, to me, that he respects women. What better man could I have to raise a daughter--our daughter? He loves our little girl. He cuddles with her on the couch and watches Spongebob with her. They love to wrestle. Paul lifts her onto his shoulders to touch high things--trees, the ceiling... I've always known how lucky I have been to be blessed with such a wonderful husband. Since my daughter was born, I realize how much more blessed I am... more blessed than I could ever ask or imagine. He's a great father. I can see him playing Barbies with our daughters, playing tea party and dress up. He is the kind of earthly father I never had. I am so blessed... blessed beyond measure. I am blessed to have Paul as my husband and as the father of my child(ren).

I wrote this about a week ago, thinking about my sweet hubby. I hope that nothing here offends anybody. That isn't the point.
MM

10 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! It could not offend anyone!

AudreyO said...

I found your blog through MommyFest. Though it was over weeks ago, I'm still enjoying meeting others and finding some awesome blogs.

I think it's awesome to hear a woman speak so highly of her husband. How could anyone be offended. Your husband is a lucky man indeed.

Robyn Jones said...

I love this post...I think it is great to hear women say good things about their hubbys...I get tired of all the negative in marriage these days....

You should check out this blog..

http://inpraiseofhusbands.blogspot.com/

You would probably like it...I know I do...

Overwhelmed! said...

How could this post possibly seen as offensive in any way? It's beautiful!

I'm so glad that your husband is such a keeper!

Sassyfrazz said...

I think that is a great post, Sarah! What a tribute to your husband! You and Anna are both so blessed!

Lisa & Gerald said...

That's so sweet thanks for sharing about your great hubby and Anna's Daddy always love reading your blog!

Robyn Jones said...

Thanks for visiting our site! If you would like to link, you can link to our main one (where the videos of face painting were) as that is the one we update daily.

http://oneofthejonesat.blogspot.com/

I will add you to our list as well if you like! Come visit anytime! You are more then welcome!

Unknown said...

this is a beautiful tribute! you are blessed (I am too!).

Violet said...

I can tell you and Paul have a very special and Christ centered marriage. Paul's character shines in his life. I haven't seen him much but, just the interaction I had with him in Science with Dr. Jin was enough to know he is a good man! I hope God blesses me as much someday.

Anonymous said...

hi loved your blog

your children are gorgeous

kisses