Monday, June 9, 2008

Mariana Breastfeeding Dolls

Have you heard of the Mariana Breastfeeding Dolls? Click Here To Read More!

Mariana is a breastfeeding doll made by women from Chama Viva, a breastfeeding community group in a very poor area of Pernambuco, Brazil. She is an educational toy that helps children to learn about natural birth and breastfeeding. Buying this doll you will be supporting Chama Viva's activities and will support these women and their families.

I love these dolls. I think they are so beautiful. The dolls have such loving little painted faces. They look at their infants so lovingly. I love them. To top it all off, they are educational and affordable. Each doll is completely different from the other dolls, since they are handmade. They have different clothing, hair, faces, everything. In case you're wondering how the baby attaches to the mama doll, there is a little snap on the doll's breast. I would love to have one of these for my daughters. Formula feeding is not the norm in the world, although it seems to be in the United States, but it is the exception. Don't take me wrong. Formula is a blessing to many infants. I love this doll for its educational simplicity. It promotes something all women can do--feed their children with their own breasts. I can't cry out the praises of a woman's body enough. God just made us awesomely.

Well... without further ado, here is a photo of one of the dolls. This one is one of my favorites. :)

This is one of my favorites.

4 Comments:

Lisa & Gerald said...

that is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Those are great

Rebekah said...

Oh thank you SO much for this post - what a wonderful teaching tool and a great opportunity to make people aware of the benefits ... like I've said before - your voice for breastfeeding mom's is wonderful! Thanks again and I hope you are having a great week!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Unknown said...

What a great doll!

I remember playing with my teddy bear when I was a kid. I would pretend to give birth, then would also nurse my bear. Guess that's just what I saw as a kid, which is a good thing!