Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mary Cassatt





Growing up and even to this day, my favorite artist has been Mary Cassatt. Mary loved painting women and children together in every day situations. She painted mothers washing her daughter's feet, pre-adolescent girls braiding their hair... things of that nature. You should really look her up for more information. Mary Cassatt is a wonderful artist. Recently, while searching for breastfeeding pictures, I came across artwork of hers that I have never seen before. (Honestly, I've seen the third one down before, but had to include it. It's one of my favorites!) I'd like to share those now. I love these paintings! (I've shared one of these before in a Fact O' The Week post.)

1 Comment:

AudreyO said...

I found you through the MommyFest site. Though it was over weeks ago, I'm still reading blogs and enjoying meeting others.

Art is not persay my thing, but I really like those paintings. Very nice job on the part of the artist.