Thursday, August 7, 2008

Autumn

Today I'm having dreams of autumn leaves and cool warm weather. I can't wait for the autumn to arrive. Unfortunately, I hate winter, and winter seems to last forever in the Northwest. Am I right? It seems to rain continually from October until May. I'm not looking forward to that, but I am looking forward to the fall. I love it and I can't wait for it. :D

On the other front, I'm considering a haircut, but my hair is fine and wavy/curly so I'm a loss as to what I should choose for a cut. I've always cut it in 'layers'... sometimes I wish my hair would choose one. Curly or straight. That would make things much easier. Instead it is always just very wavy. Sure, it makes for some nice natural volume, but I always feel like I've got the same haircut. Hmmm... any suggestions?

6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always wanted fine hair. My hair is very very thick and has a little natural wave. I flat iron mine every morning. I think those hair cuts that are short right under the chin are really cute.

Anonymous said...

You are right it does rain constantly! This year we had rain in Seattle until well into June!

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

Ack! Bit your tongue! I'm not ready to give up the summer yet! Even with a sunburn, I am not ready for winter which cames way to quickly once autumn arrives!

Anonymous said...

Short layers always work of me..Stylish for a Mommy do! I hate winter too we live in OHio..yuck!

Henry said...

i can't wait for autumn either. it's too hot to do anything right now. autumn seems to be the briefest season! come by my blog for my designer bag giveaway. it could totally double as a diaper bag! http://nowenteringmomville.blogspot.com/2008/08/giveaway-and-readers-choice-favorite.html

Violet said...

I am so sick of Seattle's rainy winters. I love wearing sweaters in fall, I love the beauty of the leaves changing colors, and I love the smell. But to be honest, I would give it all up. If I weren't so big on feeling "secure" I'd uproot to California or Florida in a heart beat. I just love the beach, warm weather, etc. Seriously, it's been 87 degrees or so the last couple days and I just love it. So for the fact that when Autumn comes, winter is right around the corner, I am so not looking forward to either.

Lately I've been seeing young moms get SUPER short hair cuts, and I'm finding I like it. Even wavey hair, if you have to straighten or style it, it's only about a 10 minute thing. It's brave though. Not sure I could do it.