Saturday, September 27, 2008

My First Born (So Far Only Born)

My 1st baby....

Thank you to Margie @ Gunning It/Chesapeake Ribbons for Tagging Me!

1. Were you married at the time? Yes

2. What were your reactions when you found out you were pregnant? I have to echo Margie's answer here. Scared and excited. :D

3. How old were you? 21 when I found out, 22 when she was born.

4. How did you find out you were pregnant? I knew almost immediately. I knew I was coming up on my period, but I was cramping (I usually never cramped except the first day) a week before it was due, during the time it was due, and about a week after. I tested at six days after it was due and there it was.

5. Who did you tell first? I think we called Paul's parents first.

6. Did you want to find out the sex? Yes

7. Due date? November 25th, 2006

8. Did you deliver early or late? Technically right on time, but 6 days before her due date on November 19th, 2006.

9. Did you have morning sickness? Oh yes. From the 6th week to the 17th week.

10. What did you crave? Apples!!!!!! Apple juice, apple sauce, apples cut up, apples in any way, really. That and a lot of fresh fruit. Good cravings, I guess. But apples were my vice.

11. Who irritated you the most? Hmmm, I think I'd have to say my dear and wonderful mother in law. (Not her fault, just my overprotective nature.)

12. What was your first child's sex? Girl

13. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? Around 30-32 pounds or so.

14. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I was induced because my blood pressure kept spiking and Anna was due over Thanksgiving, so I didn't care. I was sick of being pregnant and wanted my OB there. Let's see, then the fun stuff: epidural didn't work, Anna was posterior, episiotomy, vacuum, then a negative reaction to the pain medication after she was born. Fun, fun, fun...

15. Where did you give birth? Providence Hospital (awesome hospitals btw!!!)

16. How many hours were you in labor? 12 wonderful, back-breaking, pitocin-induced hours of labor.

17. Who drove you to the hospital? My husband and MIL.

18. Who watched? My husband, Doctor, and some nurses. <--ditto

19. Was it vaginal or c-section? Vaginal, although it was very nearly a C-Section.

20. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Unfortunately no. The epidural was about as effective as a dose of Tylenol... less effective, actually. I should've taken some Tylenol now that i think of it.

21. How much did your child weigh? 7 lb. 11 oz.

22. What did you name him/her? Anna Daisy

23. How old is your first born today? 22 Months Old

(I'll come back and tag 5 mommies as it's already almost midnight! If you'd like to play along, just comment and I'll make sure I link you.) :D

I'm tagging Rebekah from The Clark Family!

3 Comments:

Nina said...

I love reading about everones baby stories.
I wanted to say thanks for the bitting tips. I have tried both of those and niether have worked. He seems to like getting a reaction out of me. My sitter suggested ignoring it and not reacting (this is not easy to do) but this seems to be working. Hopefully it continues....

Rebekah said...

Oh what a fun tag game ... tag me -tag me ... loved reading your story of Sweet Anna's arrival ... what fun! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby #2

Sassyfrazz said...

I loved reading about your pregnancy, reaction and delivery! So cool! Amazing how time flies!

You have an award on my blog!

Hope all is well with you.

I wouldn't mind doing this game, either... :) *wink