Friday, August 7, 2009

Anna Was Bitten! :(




We went to a playplace yesterday and a little boy bit Anna! I felt so bad. I tried not to overreact and told the mom that kids will be kids, but as soon as she left, I cuddled Anna within an inch of her life. It didn't break the skin thank goodness! It did make blood blisters and a few marks. I think it scared her. She doesn't have a lot of contact with kids--she isn't in daycare etc.--so I think it took her off guard that a kid would actually bite! Daddy play-bites her, so maybe she thought he was playing at first? That's Paul's theory anyway and it may not be too far from the truth.

On top of that we think she may be teething her molars. She so pathetic when it hurts, too. She cries and sticks out her tongue and sticks the edge of the blanket in her mouth... she keeps waking in the middle of the night crying, too. I feel so bad for her. Poor thing! :(

4 Comments:

Kortney said...

Oh no, that stinks. I got bit not too long ago by a kid at the Pacific Science Center. Well, she had a developmental disorder and I was her care giver so... lol. Anyway, she's a tough girl. I think at some point we all have to experience a few bites. Apparently I got bit a lot as a kid so my mom told me to bite them back. I'm not sure that was the best solution but I guess even the biters out there need to know what it feels like to be bitten. lol. Okay, sorry. :) Anyway, I hope she feels better and that those darn teeth hurry up and come through!

Mama Bear said...

Oh gosh, I am soooo sorry. What an aweful thing to happen to that special little girl. I know some kids go through issues like that more than others. So glad it didn't break through to the skin but it's so traumatic every which way. Hugs, Happy weekend, Rhonda

Lisa & Gerald said...

Awww poor girl I also got bite by another girl in school.... I got a bad infection from it too...just keep an eye on her...She bit me on my face...

Candi said...

Oh no! Poor little, Anna.

Some biting took place in my house today and it wasn't my 3.5 year old dishing it out. Logan did it! I was shocked. He is almost 7. Needless to say, momma wasn't happy.