Sunday, October 4, 2009

Big Decisions

I'm considering changing my major. I've put a lot of thought into this and I am going to talk to Dr. Leach on Tuesday-ish. Right now I'm so unhappy in my education classes that I usually end up in tears each night. I figure that that is probably a bad thing. ;) My goals aren't changing. I still am working toward an MA in educational psychology (school counselor). I feel like all of these education classes are going over my head. I feel like an idiot in all of those classes. I only feel smart three times a week (in Dr. Kowalski's class)... and even in there, I'm surrounded by other-majored people who understand the material and are passionate about the Greek context, etc. But I enjoy it more than the other classes. I feel like it's now or never. I'm at the pinnacle... I have to decide now what I want to do because they want to place me in a classroom for practicum. I just don't want to fail and I'm feeling like a failure five days a week. I'm going to have that meeting with Dr. Leach so that I can make an informed decision. I just hope I make the right decision. Please pray for wisdom.

3 Comments:

Kortney said...

If you're unhappy then it's probably a good idea to change majors. It sounds like it's been a problem for a while now... Follow your heart, Sara. I don't see why you can't be a psychology major and go into educational psych... Good luck at your meeting!!

Mama Bear said...

Oh sweetie, I am soooo sorry Sara. You are NO failure and definitely very smart. Go with your heart. Please keep me informed on how your meeting goes and what you decide. You will be great, trust in yourself. I spent soooo many long hours making flashcards for myself through college always feeling like a dummy even though I did well but had NO SLEEP!!!

Will be thinking of you and sending many hugs and prayers, Rhonda

Lisa & Gerald said...

three of us are telling you to go with your heart..Do what's right for you..Hugs