Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cheap Things To Do

I've been thinking of cheap things to do for fun this summer with Anna. Today I walked down to the waterfront with Anna until Paul got off from work. That was about a twenty-ish minute walk downhill with three hours at the beach. Hopefully that means Anna will sleep well tonight. Long story short, how can I entertain Anna this summer on a reallllllllllllllly tight budget? She gets so bored and ought to be in preschool. She's social and needs a lot of that socialization. So I guess we'll spend a lot of time at parks, the beach, and the McDonald's playplace. My mother in law gave me a nice list of things to do, so I might try them out. If you read this post, do you have any ideas? THING CHEAP OR FREE!!! ;)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Around here we have a weekly story time at our library. Also, there are moms groups that don't charge money.

Many children's museums, zoos, aquariums, etc. have fairly cheap memberships. We paid 40 dollars for a year at The Treehouse Museum and that allows Peanut and two adults to go with her as often as we want!

Patty Reiser said...

Check the Yahoo Groups and Meetup.com for groups in your area. Our local library usually has activities going on for the kids. We even have a local park who is having a daily kid kamp for free. Museums are a great place to go as well.

Patty Reiser said...

I just remembered one more thing. Regal Theaters offers free kids movies on Tuesday's and Wednesday's throughout the summer. Here is the link to check for a participating theater near you: http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx

Milk Mama said...

Thank you both so much!!! Great ideas! :D I found free days for the zoo and I think we'll be getting a library card soon! :0)

Heather said...

meetup.com has a great way to get in contact with mom's groups in your area too!