Monday, May 19, 2008

18 Months Old Today

Today marks two very special occasions. One I knew immediately, that my daughter is eighteen months old today, and the other I didn't think too much of it until another lady celebrated her anniversary... today marks eighteen months of breastfeeding. One and a half years. It's hard to believe it. I've been very blessed that my breastfeeding experience has been blessedly uneventful. Breastfeeding has been relatively painless... I think. I seem to have a high pain tolerance. And I've never had to deal with Mastitis (thank God!)... my sister had it with two of her four children and it led to her weaning her youngest at around 8 months. That would've been heartbreaking for me. I cherish this experience. It's a blessing! I've only had plugged breast ducts on three or four occasions. If I'm right that can lead to Mastitis, but I've always been able to catch it immediately and relieve the clog very quickly. Anyhow... here is a photo taken yesterday of my daughter on the eve of her 1 and a half year birthday.
PS: Do you know how difficult it is to get an eighteen month old (or a toddler of any age, for that matter) to sit still enough for a photo to turn out clearly? Plus I use the digital feature on my camera and IT STINKS!!! Here's to praying for a better camera. Maybe I'll win one? LOL. That would be nice! ;)

PPS: Sorry you all have to read my complaints about the camera so much. It takes great footage, but the photography sucks. *sigh*

3 Comments:

Lisa & Gerald said...

Hi Sarah!
Your cam is fine! Always love your pics of little Anna

Kristin said...

Congrats on your breastfeeding birthday! My little guy is 21 months and still going strong so I'm sure you have many happy months ahead of you, too. :-)

Sassyfrazz said...

Double Congratulations! Happy 18 month to Anna...and Happy Breastfeeding! Way to go momma!