Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fantastic Update On Baby Sara!

Update on my pastor's granddaughter, Sara, who was left accidentally in a car for three hours on a hot day...

My MIL came home today with great news on Sara.
Last night the Lord woke her dad up in the middle of the night and told him to pray. He ignored it the first time and went back to sleep. Then, the Lord woke him a second time. Justin woke up and asked the Lord what he wanted and the Lord told him to worship Him. Justin began to worship the Lord and he prayed that God would "provide the ram in the thicket" and the Lord said, "I am the Ram."

Remember that yesterday the doctors told them that Sara would die. This morning, however, Sara has been alert with open eyes! Praise God!!! They also inserted a feeding tube. Sara hadn't been fed in a week. So she's eating AND she's urinating! This is a fantastic sign meaning that her body isn't shutting down.

Praise the Lord!!!

I'll be keeping updates as they come! :D

ETA:

The urologist just checked Sara and said that she is urinating proper amounts for an infant!!! That's a great obstacle overcome! Plus!!! :D :D :D She is starting physical therapy on Monday!!! From death to PT in a day! I call that miracle!!!!!!!! :D

9 Comments:

Violet said...

Praise God! That is a miracle! What a might God we serve! Is Justin Sara's dad?

I will continue to pray for a FULL recovery! No wonder her little body was showing signs of shut down and renal/kidney failure...no food for a week! Most adult bodies would shut down after that much time, let alone an infant! I will also pray these doctors have divine wisdom concerning her care and not hestitate when it comes to doing something that is beneficial for her!

Anonymous said...

WOW! God is so good! I don't remember how I found your blog (I think looking up natural christian parenting??) but anyways, I had subscribed to it and I saw the post about Sara and I stopped and said a prayer for her and told my husband and it was so wonderful to see the post today on how much better she is doing. I will continue to keep her in my prayers!

Milk Mama said...

Yes, Justin is Sara's dad. She has three big brothers and her mom is named Jessica. They work in the ministry.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Thank you for subscribing, Alexis! And nice to meet you! :D

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

I have been praying for her and wondering how she was doing. Praise God! Thanks for the update!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

OH my goodness!!! That just gave me chills! Praise God!!!! We're continuing to pray for AMAZING improvement!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD!!! I am so glad to read your post!!

mom2abntb said...

Wow! Praise the Lord!

Christina said...

What wonderful news! I came to the site thru Sarah's FFF. I'll keep sara in my prayers as well as her family. I hope that the recovery process is swift and she is home soon.
Thank you for the updates, I will check back!
Christina

Anonymous said...

That gave me the goose bumps reading the update! What an answer to prayer!