Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Good Note

I was talking to a young lady who knew my brother and who knows me. Same small town that we grew up in...

She wrote me a note and in that note, was this quote:

"The last time I saw Sean in Georgia, he asked me if I had seen you, and I told him not really.. He told me that he couldn't believe how great a Mom you had become, and how happy it made you. He told me that he couldn't figure out where you learned how to be such a good parent."

It made me tear up knowing that he thought that way of me. I wish he had told me in person. I wish that I wasn't so wrapped up in feeling angry toward him about the way he often treated me or my hubby... he was just lashing out. I should've seen that he was in pain. But there are things that we cannot change. And this is one of them.

3 Comments:

Kortney said...

That's a really sweet thing to hear. It's funny how sometimes the good things are harder to say than the bad things but obviously his pride in you couldn't be completely ignored. :) You certainly are a good momma and have a beautiful, happy family. I really admire that. Much love, Sara!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

Aww that is so sweet. I'm glad you have that memory.

Violet said...

What a special treat to get to hear his TRUE heart, what I'm sure he WOULD have told he if he hadn't been in so much pain and were given the opportunity to tell you now. You are an amazing Mother. I'm glad Gave you this gift, the gift of Truth. I know you will cling to these words on the days that seem really hard as a parent, those days when playing with Anna isn't your first desire for the day, or when she throws a fit in public, or wants to wear something less than flattering...when satan attacks and tells you your not doing a good job....you cling to this memory.