Friday, March 21, 2008

2 Years Ago

Two years ago we found out we were pregnant with our beautiful daughter Anna! I was 6 days late on my period. I already knew in my heart I was pregnant! Halfway through the summer of 2005 God started to tell me that my daughter would be expected soon. I felt that I would have a daughter and she would be conceived in the Spring of 2006. Of course then I wasn't too good at listening to God and I still am not so learned in the subject, but I soon learned that it really was God who I heard once again. Here is what I blogged that day (I felt so poetic LOL... try to ignore that about it!)

This foreign, strange thing is pregnancy...what is it? I feel the same, except for that evil period thing...at least that has been put off for a while. What will life be like post-baby? I don't even know... To tell you the truth, I knew that I would be pregnant this spring, God told me in his whisper-quiet voice, the same way he told me about my future husband. I knew it, but denied it all the same. I was frightened, and who's to say I wasn't going insane? But, God 's cello-deep, harp-sweet voice is telling me "You're a mother; as we speak, you're a mother!" And, frankly, I must listen to God, and I must believe the Clear Blue Easy test (over 99% accurate, so it says) that read "Pregnant"...not after the recommended 3-minute-wait, but after 30 seconds or less!

Oh, God, bless our special angel. I've never had an angel like this before, so sweet, so innocent, so precious and so...so 100% ours!

I'm frightened, but in your hands, my trembling ceases, and I'm calm...I'm calm, and my fear is gone.

3 Comments:

All 4 My Gals said...

Wow, we have a lot in common huh? Thanks for visiting my blogs, (and Darrah's too). Back to reading now, I look forward to getting to know you! HUGS, Nicole, Tarenne and the gang

Sassyfrazz said...

OH, that is so sweet, Sarah! Babies are so precious and truly a gift from God! That is fun how you wrote that. Bless little Anna~

So, when are you going to have #2? :)

Shannon @ Gabi's World said...

That is a wonderful post! Very beautiful! And I added you to my Google Reader today, too!